Thursday, March 4, 2010

Planning CT scan for Cyberknife-2

Yesterday, I had a planning CT scan wherein I was given an intra-venal (IV) contrast and exposed to the CT scanning radiation. This scan would be used for the Cyberknife planning and is similar to the earlier planning scan I had for my first Cyberknife.

My doctor, Dr.Kumaraswamy, told me that radiation might start once the scanned images were integrated with the Cyberknife system. I guess the actual sessions might start next Monday.

Meanwhile, out of concern for the delay in my planned concomitant chemotherapy sessions, I had called up my medical oncologist, Dr.Niti today morning. She suggested me taking the chemotherapy sessions after completing the Cyberknife. Thus, I plan to meet her in the mid of next week post-Cyberknife.

Lots of anxious days lay ahead for me! :) Hope everything goes fine and I will come out cleaner and free out of the disease this time, post-Cyberknife and post-chemotherapy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment