Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Metabolic alterations

Today, I had my third dose of Neupogen at Ketham's Hospital, Vidyaranyapura. The effects of the injection have been drowsiness and mild dullness in the body, which is making me sleep for extended hours in the day time too! My eyes would become red and skin succumbed to reddish sores on the chest and lower waist! It is a minor irritation to have the injection daily on one side and to have the side-effects in the body working on the other!

Now-a-days, it will not be before 7 AM, I wake up in the morning. This is contrary to the earlier times, when I used to break my sleep at around 5:30 AM. More chemotherapy toxins in the body and resulting restlessness is forcing the body to take sleep at irregular intervals. These disturbances in the body metabolism will definitely have long-term effect on my normal life. I hope once I win against the disease, I need to spend considerable time in bringing the body back to its correct metabolic rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment