Monday, December 14, 2009

Planning scan done today - second step towards radiosurgery

I had a limited edition of planning PET/CT scan done today morning. The objective of this scan is to get the images with reference to the fiducials done as part of the first step so that the robotic surgery system could track the tumor's dimensions. Since the disease is now confined to only limited area (liver), the scan was done in a limited area without the usual oral contrast, but with only IV contrast of FDG. (For more details on how the usual PET/CT scan is done, see my earlier post.)

The whole process of scan today lasted around an hour and later my doctor Dr.Kumaraswamy, Radiation Oncologist, told me he would make me informed on the timing and other details of the radiosurgery treatment later today. So, I wait and look forward to the actual radiation sessions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment