Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Signs of recovery

The results of the PET-CT scan are out today and there is really a good news:
  • There are no traces of cancer in the body except three lesions in the liver. Out of those three, two are inactive and only one is active! :D
  • All the rashes and other side effects like infection in my body are due to the chemotherapy! :)
I met my doctor today with the report and when she broke the news to me, I did not know how to react! Such are the moments! :) However, taking grips on my feelings and emotions, I discussed with my doctor on further plans since there are still some lesions in the liver which need to be cleared out of the body. Only then, I can say, I am completely out of cancer!

After a long and an insightful discussion, my doctor suggested me to undergo a radio surgery on the affected portions of the liver. The surgery option, according to her, is the best because:
  • further chemotherapy might not be that effective on the liver lesions because two of them are inactive and might not respond to the chemo drugs
  • further chemotherapy might induce more side-effects which might have deleterious effects on the body in the long-term
  • a surgical procedure, especially a radiation-based, is relatively a painless process and since the disease is now confined to only liver, it is easy to control it by just working on the affected portions
Now that my doctor had suggested the surgery as the best option in the prevailing situations, I had decided to talk to Dr.Ajay Kumar, who heads the Division for robotized radio surgery in Bangalore Institute of Oncology (BIO). (I got his appointment on Friday@ 9AM.) I hope once the surgery is done, I will be free from the disease and will be on the path of fast recovery and can really hope for glory of success! :)

PS: Here are the scanned copies of the PET-CT scan report for those of you interested to go through them! (You can go through the final impression in the page 3 of the report for the gist of it.)

3 comments:

  1. Great news, maama! Very glad to hear this. We all are with you... and we all pray for your complete recovery, which by God's grace is not very far away...
    -Subba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news ..really happy hearing it..sensational..all the best!

    ReplyDelete