Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Droplet on a lotus!

I am somehow left with a feeling of happiness when I saw several posters in the Bangalore Institute of Oncology (BIO) congratulating Dr.Kodaganur S. Gopinath on winning the prestigious Padma Shri award for the year 2010. (He is one of the 81 persons conferred with the award, which is to be presented in New Delhi by the President of India in March. See the complete list of awardees here.) The award usually is given to a person who has offered/offers distinguished service in his chosen field. Dr.Gopinath surely deserves the award not only for his service in his medical profession, but also for the fact that he is more humane in dealing with his patients.

I am fortunate that I had been operated by Dr.Gopinath for my diversionary colostomy in June 2009. Not only he was reassuring me on my health, but also was extremely sensitive to my painful position at the time. He was more caring that I had seen any one else and was constantly driving me to have positive hope towards life and living. Congratulations Doctor on winning the award and I am happy for you! You have won the Padma Shri and I am just one of the droplets on the Lotus who touch you and get a feeling of healing touch! I wish God give you many more years of lively service and many more droplets be fortunate enough to have your warmth and touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment