Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reconnecting the relationship dots

Often, we tend to slide besides our self-created shield beyond which we think there can be no value and within which lies our entire world! And, in this psychological process "readjusting" ourselves, we fall prey to the proclivities of escaping from the relationships that lie both within and out of our shield. We suddenly realize the significance of these relationships when often we are out of it! Reconnecting to these dots of quarantined relationships will give us a new power of engaging ourselves with the higher levels of bliss and joy, coupled with new experiences associated with the freshness of feeling!

It has been a good 15 years and 10 years now since I jumped out of the network of my graduation and post-graduation friends respectively! Phew, that has been a real long time indeed! And the interesting part of my disease-ridden phase of my life is to regain those lost connections of those fun-loving hearts!

First, I shook up the network of the hearts that connected a few with whom my own self was hovering around for quite some time. Then I would email those friends, or leave a message to them on either Facebook, Orkut or LinkedIn, or dig into my address book to get the personal numbers to call them. Then, I would invite them to my home in Bangalore or propose to meet them in a location of my convenience, for which most of them kindly accepted. And, I cannot describe the happiness when I see them personally before me! It is just a bliss and any ode to my feelings would not be sufficient enough to offer tributes to them! :) I am still reeling in this bliss of having these dots in my visual space.
I now find a kind of indescribable joy in reconnecting the old friendships and filling them with new aura of freshness! After all, the older the connection, the sweeter would be the reconnection!


2 comments:

  1. hey..good to know you are on the road to recovery...sorry man..has been very hectic for past two months with work on weekends too..hence couldnt drop in..will plan something shortly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, dude! Will be waiting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete