Friday, November 5, 2010

Favorable test numbers - a step closer to recovery

Consequent to the PET-CT scan in the third week of October last and the changed regimen of the chemo medicines suggested by my oncologist, Dr.Niti, I had my blood tested two days back. The objective was to see how the critical parameters such as white blood cell (WBC) count and the INR value so as to gauge the effectiveness of the treatment. And, the test results showed that all the critical parameters fall in their biologically permissive ranges! :) (For instance, the WBC count was 6.17 (permissible range: 4 - 11) and the INR is 2.37 (permissible range: 2.0 - 3.0).)

I am particularly happy with two things: (1) good and favorable blood test results, and (2) the responsiveness and sensitivity with which my doctor reacted to these results. Immediately after getting my test numbers known orally from Deepika Sister, I had emailed the results to my doctor who in her natural way replied back saying that "All looks well!". It is good on one hand to have positive news and to have a responsive doctor on the other, who sits on top of her case with interest and responds with empathy! Thank you, doc! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment