Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chemo-13 yesterday.

I had 13th dose of my chemotherapy yesterday even though I have had loose stools draining into my colostomy pouch for the past two days. My doctor indeed suggested me a break from the chemotherapy and I opted to have my regular dose yesterday.

A few highlights:
  • My blood counts had tremendously improved over the past one week to 5.49 while the recommended range is between 4 and 8.
  • Lot of drowsiness made me sleep for more than half-an-hour in my recliner for the first time in my chemotherapy history! (Of course lots of day-dreams too!)
  • The boring day stretched with the delay on part of the nursing team to procure an injection infusion pump :( Two newspapers, The Hindu Business Line and The Economic Times could not save me from this boring waiting time!
  • I have seen my doctor dressed in smart casuals for the first time in our meetings! :)
I am still bleary-eyed because of yesterday's treatment. And though I have had enough sleep last night after having a couple of dosas, I woke up at 5 AM (unusual for me given that I usually wake up at 7:30 AM :)) and after that lots of fantasies and day-dreams until 7 AM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment