Thursday, October 1, 2009

Visit to my sister's home.

I have just returned after a wonderful and introspective retreat to my sister's home in Chintamani, around 80 kms from Bangalore. I started yesterday to the place and just came back today after a good night's stay there nibbling into some special delicacies of Dasara prepared by my loving younger sister.

I have always had a special bonding with my sister, Gomati,
and ever since she attended to me in the hospital last April/May in the absence of my wife, that bonding has become stronger. We used to talk for hours together on topics ranging from the rows of birds returning to their nests in the evening to the more touching family issues and personal lives. She has always been a cool and matured person and the best thing I like her about is her enormous patience in times of adversity; and in the times of happiness and joy, she is even-headed and would take any thing in life as normally as answering to the question, "What is your name?"!

Yesterday night, though I could not talk to her much, the evening saw both of us sharing lots of feelings and thoughts including that on my health and our family. Her equipoise
in several matters is awe-inspiring and most of the time, she played the role of a wonderful listener to me. I love her for her slow but empathetic and balanced personality, and probably very few listened to my thoughts and shared my feelings in the recent times, I felt as though I had emptied a whole lot of baggage before her! Relieved as I am now, I am a better person! :) (In the pictures: my father in a pensive mood; the wonderful weather on the way; my sister, Gomati; my nephews, Bipin and Dhanush).

No comments:

Post a Comment