Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mrityunjaya pooja in my home town.

Last Thursday, in my home town of Kadapa, A.P., we had performed an elaborate pooja added with Homa at our home. The whole series included Chandi Homa, Rudra Homa, Navagraha Shanti, Mrityunjaya Homa, Aruna Homa and Rudra Pooja. The complete ritual started around 9 AM in the morning and ended at around 5:30 PM! Several suggestions from astrologers, including our own family pandit, prompted us to perform this series of poojas.

Earlier, I had started to Kadapa from Bangalore on Monday, October 5th, with my parents, younger sister, and two nephews. I had made sure of a few contacts, in Kadapa, who could do dressing to my colostomy pouch in case it leaked. The weather was so humid and hot in the Kadapa city that I was sweating profusely even in the night! :) It was a good drive of 6 hours from Bangalore and
fortunately, the effect of floods was not there in the Kadapa city so we did not have any rains at least which would have otherwise our pooja/homa plans. I returned to Bangalore along with my sister and nephews last Friday and then had my chemotherapy session the next day. (Some pics of the pooja attached with this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment