Monday, November 23, 2009

Chemo-18 today.


I have had my eighteenth dose of Cetuximab today. This is the last dose as originally recommended by my doctor. Like I did last week, I went to the hospital today with (a) severe pain around the edges of my feet which were split in several areas thus affecting severely my walk and (b) lot of inflammatory abscesses in my face and both the legs which were a major irritation.


A few highlights of today's chemo session:
  • Blood counts have only marginally improved with the white blood count going up from 2.44 last week to just 2.85 today! This value still is below the minimum value of the preferred range of 4 - 11. Nonetheless, it was fine for the infusion of the Cetuximab.
  • After a couple of trials, the nursing staff found a vein in my right hand.
  • My weight has gone down marginally from 89 kg to 87 kg!
Though my doctor Dr.Niti did not visit me, her junior Dr.Smita did so and advised me having a PET scan next Monday (i.e., 30th Nov) and consult Dr.Niti with the scan report. The scan will show the latest status of the disease inside my body and it is the only known way currently to detect cancer in the body. So, I have one more week of rest and one more good thing of not having Capecetabine this week! Phew!

2 comments: